Salon owners and nail technicians in London are happy that they chose to do nails for a living and it’s the best profession in the world. Do you love doing your nails? Maybe you spent a lot of time following nail art pages. It can be an extremely fun and rewarding career if you are in London. There’s no other profession where you have the power to affect people’s self-esteem. When you have the best job in the world, you can’t keep only to yourself about it. Here are some reasons why you should consider nail art as a profession.
- You get to express your creativity: Working as a nail artist means you get to show off your creative side. Whether it is trying a new nail trend on one of your clients or showing off your skills with an exclusive manicure for a special event, no two workdays can ever be the same. Imagine your client’s nails as a blanket canvas and enjoy painting on it!!
- Enjoy a flexible schedule: Nail salons are quite flexible when it comes to scheduling so you can find a position that works with your busy work schedule. Whether you are looking for something part time, full time or only a weekend Job, you’re likely to find a great salon that will work with you. Even if you decide to open your own nail salon, you’ll have Ultimate flexibility.
- You get to form relationship with people: If you’re a type of person who loves socializing and connecting with others and helping them better to feel about themselves. Then a nail technician is a great opportunity for you. Each day you’ll work with different people and give them the confidence boost they need to take on their day. Some of your best clients can even become your Best friends.
- Nail technician programs are affordable: Some programs can be completed in as little as 15 weeks, so you can save the time, hassle and even the cost of completing a four year program.
- Business Analysis: Ask yourself the following questions. How much money do I need and want to earn every week? Do I have all the qualifications I need to start this business? How many hours I can put in this business?
- Finding your customers: Think about who your target customer is. What do they value? What are they looking for as a nail artist? When you have a better idea who you want to sell to, consider how you are going to let them know about the business.
- Permits and insurance: You need to find out what permits and insurance you need to run this business. Being aware of all this saves your time and stress in the long run.
How to become a nail artist in London?
Nail artists work in nail salons and cosmetology centers to beautify and shape client’s nails. No degree is required to become a nail technician but a certificate from a cosmetology school. State licensure is also necessary to work in the field. Nail technicians need to have strong communication skills, the ability to sell nail care products, dexterity and nail management skills. They need to be familiar with nail care tools such as cuticle cutters, nail files, nail clippers and the special equipment used to create custom nail art or complete nail services.
Important tips for your nail care
A great way to add strength and length to your natural nails is acrylic overlay and gel nail extensions. What is an acrylic overlay?? Nail extensions are made from lightweight plastic and are cut to the shape of your nail. These are glued on your own nails and overlaid with acrylic to secure and finish. Acrylics are the oldest form of artificial nail. Some of the best overlays for your natural nails are OPI gel, bio seaweed gel, DND gel polish. Some tips to make sure that you can keep your overlay nails longer are:
- Keep the length of your nails to a sensible length, just enough for the overlay to cover them well.
- Use hand gloves when you need to do much with your hands.
- Keep your hands well moisturized and sanitized so dirt won’t clog on the sides and under the tips of your nails.
- Have some cuticle cream handy.
Keeping beautiful looking nails is so much easier today. You can even make them stronger with a nail overlay.
Some simple nail art designs popular in London
- White and orange flame nails- This nail art design is so fresh and youthful. The color combination is great. Apply 2 coats of white nail polish for the base. Place the strips diagonally and apply a coat of yellow nail polish. Place another strip vertically at the center and apply orange nail polish on just one side. Apply black at the base of the nail.
- Purple pink floral nail art- The pink and white combination is delightful and is basically like you have spring on your fingernails. Start by applying 2 coats of white nail polish as your base. Using a thin brush, create pink flowers with pink nail paint. Use a purple nail polish to add some oomph to the pink flowers. Finish with a top coat. You can also use bright nail colors for creating flowers.
- Color splash nail art- You are using nail colors as a splash on a plain canvas. Apply 2 coats of white nail paints for a good base. After it dries up, dip the brush in blue nail polish and using your thumb splash the color over your nails. Follow this process for each color until you achieve the look you want. Apply a top coat to set.
- Colorful clouds nail art- It’s colorful, easy, bright and adorable. Paint all your nails with a green blue nail polish except for your finger ring. Use pink nail polish for your finger ring. Use a brush to make the clouds. Once it dries up, use the green blue nail color for more clouds on top. Apply a coat of clear polish on top.
- Diagon Alley pink and yellow nail art- This nail art is a treat for the eyes. It’s trendy, vibrant and young. Start by painting your nails Yellow. Paint the lower half with a peach nail polish going diagonally. To finish, apply a top coat.
- Plastic wrap nail art design- This rare combination of light blue and gold is fabulous. Apply two coats of gold nail color for your base. Once it dries, apply a coat of blue nail polish on the top of gold. Dab crumpled plastic wrap over your nails while it’s still wet. You will see the gold nail polish seeping through the blue. Finish a top coat.
- White minimal Chevron nail art: The minimal design is classy and simple to recreate. Place the nail strips over your nail making three Vs. Apply white nail paint on the tip of your nail. Use a thin and minute brush to fill in the white between the Vs. Gently peel off the stickers while the nail paint is still wet. Apply a clear coat to finish.
- Pink Ombre nail design: A pink gradient is created to achieve those pretty pink Ombre nails. They look super cute. Nail artists in London have been using this design frequently. Apply a coat of light peach nail polish. Pour a little of both the nail paint colors on a clean surface. Slightly bend the colors together using a toothpick. Using a sponge, dab the mixed colors. Gently dab the sponge on the nails. Apply a coat of clear polish to give it a finish.
- Chocolate gold nail art- Chocolate brown is beautiful and this combination looks heavenly. Apply two coats of the chocolate brown nail color for your base. Place the tape diagonally across the nail. Apply the gold nail polish in the triangular area. To give it a final touch, apply a coat of clear nail polish.
- Four-leaf clover nails- This design is super simple to create. People are loving the combo of the pale green and yellow combo. Apply a coat of clear nail color. Add white strokes to the heart. Using a thin brush create the hearts. Paint the nails using the pale yellow nail polish.
- Two-toned blue nail art- This design looks fresh and classy and is easy to create. You can use any two colors of your choice that you like to achieve this look. Start by applying two coats of blue nail polish. Place a nail strip diagonally. Apply a coat of dark blue nail polish. Top it up with clear polish.
- Strawberry fields nails- If you love red and is bored of classic red, try something different with the strawberry look. Apply two coats of red nail polish as a base. Create dots over your nails using a thin brush with white nail paint or pale yellow. At base create hi head of the strawberry using dark green nail polish. If you want a 3D effect, outline the dark green nail polish with a lighter green.
Benefits of being a nail artist
- Client satisfaction: Most nail artists value pleasing their customers above all else. Making the clients happy and changing their day from bad to good is above everything. Some nail artist in London says that they work for hours taking care of the clients which is the most important goal. It is therapeutic for them to see clients so pleased about how they spend their time and money.
- Meeting people in London: Whether it’s a new client or other nail technicians, they relish the opportunity to meet new people and make new friends. You also enjoy meeting other professionals who are eager to learn.
- Financial rewards: As a nail technician, if you are dedicated, the money will come. Being a nail artist gives you the opportunity to earn what you want to. Having money on a day to day basis and not having to wait for a paycheck is a definite plus.
- Challenging work: Everyday brings new challenges. However, it is worth taking a challenge in being a nail artist.
- Personal satisfaction: For many people, job fulfillment is one of the most important points for sticking to their career. The personal reward you receive from your job is wonderful. When a customer appreciates your work, you know that no one but you has created the result.
- Creativity: When it comes to nails, you can really exercise your artistic ability and get your imagination to run wild. You can transform your hands into a work of art. There are so many options of art you can create and do in his business.
- Competing: Nail artists who love the thrill of victory and can handle the agony of defeat say competing is one of the best things in extra cost curricular activities
- Continuing education: nail artists have the opportunity to learn more and more every day. The market is forever flooded with new styles. It is indeed a fruitful experience.
So if you live people, you love creativity and want to be your own boss, start as a nail artist in London for a better future.